Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ted, Three Roses and Taxes

One of my fellow ceramic artists, Ted, does this great thing every year where he explores a technique, or shape.  He makes many, many, variations on the same theme.  I'm talking like a hundred here.  Two years ago he explored the female form and created many wonderful vases.  This year he's pushing the boundaries again, in a more random shape pattern.  And I wanna tell you these bisqued forms are everywhere.  Each one is different. 

Sue said she wanted to paint one, and I did too.  This is the one Ted gave me to "embellish".  That's the fancy name for paint it.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  


Below is the first pass on my painting of the three roses. I tried five times to get this to import correctly and I give up.  So tilt your head sideways.  And Taxes?  Guess what I get to do today.  Yuk!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment