Sunday, March 20, 2011

And we're done!

Takashi Nakazoto:  Emerge and Endure
I finished this on Friday, then faced a dilemma.  I want to enter this for a show at the Herberger, but part of the deal is that your subject has to be within the parameters of the theme of the show.

I know in my heart it is, but the title has to reflect that theme, so that the point comes across in a clear manner to the judge, or your work won't be selected.  

The subject relates to the earth changes predicted by some as it relates to the Mayan calendar stopping at 2012.  This is when the big changes are supposed to occur on the planet according to some interpretations.  

Some of my buddies helped me brainstorm the title, plus I wanted to include the subject's name since he's famous in the ceramics world.   I put the title in the caption.  So, what do you think?  Did I hit it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment