Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time out

As my buddies may know, I go to Tucson every couple of weeks to spend time with my youngest grandson.  

Tuesday was one of those days and I really enjoyed kicking back with the baby as everyone in the family calls him.  Although technically at 19 months he's not really a baby any more.

He loves to "stack".  His father, helping, now puts on two at a time.  Little one thinks he can too, and often succeeds.  

Back to work and making pottery at class.  We may be doing 4 more benches for the city, and will probably know by April if it's a go.

This week I'm repainting an acrylic for a client.  She had something she loved, but wasn't loving the color selection.  So I'm fixing it for her.  It's an interesting exercise. 

Circle of Fire, one of the ceramic groups I belong to, has decided to end it's existence.  In the last year every one's gone in a different direction, and it seems the wisest course.  It's been a great learning experience, and fun to get to know my art buddies on a deeper level.  I think we've all taken good things away from our time together.  At least I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment