Sunday, January 9, 2011

By George, I think I got it!

So, this is the original old picture of my son, and below is the drawing that I completed on Friday.

I think I did OK.  The only thing I'm a little unhappy with is that his head seems too long or too thin, or too something.

I don't know that I'll draw it again.  I think it might be easier to draw someone you don't already know.  Then you don't have any point of reference.  You're drawing just what you see.  I think there's a lesson in there somewhere. 

And here's some really wonderful news:  that kiln load that we were all fretting about?  It came out PERFECT!  So the last bit of the job (the pedestal stands in downtown Chandler) will be installed next week, and we can move onward and upward. Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. I think what it is the porportion is a little off-his forehead is too large & chin is too big (pointy and long)

    ReplyDelete