Sunday, February 13, 2011

It worked!

This time was much better.  The colors were richer, and I simplified the design a bit, so that it wouldn't be as difficult to get a finished product.

Here's what I learned:

1.  You HAVE TO put on three coats of underglaze.  If you don't your colors will be too transparent and "painterly".
2.  You HAVE TO put on three coats of clear glaze.  Just trust me on this one.
3.  Violet (in the center of the orange petals) doesn't work at Cone 10.
4.  Rose (all the white parts) doesn't work at Cone 10.  
5.  Believe the glaze charts when you buy your underglazes.  If it says it will fade in a high firing, believe it.  

Now I have to put together the table, and get a piece of masonite to glue the tile to and get grout and do that part.  I wonder if I can get all of that done today.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment