Sunday, February 20, 2011

How I spent my weekend

My husband put together the table for me and cut a piece of wood for the base of the tile.  Then he screwed it in place and painted the wood with a sealer.  

I placed the tile on the table and after I was happy with the placement, glued the tile in place.  

Wednesday I mixed the grout, and grouted the tiles.  Later that evening I cleaned up the messy parts and this morning sealed the grout.  I think it looks pretty good for a first effort.  

What I would change?  I would make the framing tiles a bit wider, so my grout lines wouldn't be so thick.  They should only be about 1/4 inch and mine are about a 1/2 inch.  But it's still better than having to cut tile that turned out too big.  Now that would not be good!  Tomorrow I'll start back on my rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment