Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Something old, something new...

Here's the bbq tiles I painted a couple of weeks ago.  

I finally got the first bunch out of the kiln.  Unfortunately the new assistant put them on cookies and they warped a bit, but that's OK, I can still use them.  

What I wanted to show you was how the color changed.  Since I only used one coat of underglaze (on purpose), they look more painterly and rustic, which is what I wanted.  The finished tiles are below.  

I am also starting a new project to do a few altars for Vision Gallery's Day of the Dead exhibit.  Here's the first one, just finished making it.  It's porcelain, so I don't know if it will hold or slump in the firing.  I wanted to try porcelain because the finished colors will be so much brighter.  Cross your fingers and I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment