Monday, October 4, 2010

Next Step

Hello again. 

Now I'm starting to add the deeper layers of color.  I go somewhat slowly here, seeing what works together, seeing what I like, and what I want to correct.

Each session is less than an hour, for a couple of reasons.  First, the color laid is going to look a little different when it's dry, and second, the painting itself is small enough that  the colors will bleed into each other if it is overworked.  Then you have mud.  Not good. 

I'm also getting ready in this step to switch to a smaller brush.



Now I'm using a smaller, round brush, and I'm bringing out the brights, and deepening the reds.  I've added more yellow, more orange. 

I've also changed the flower stalk on the right.  It wasn't reading like a stalk, and now it does.  The white "W" looking chunk in the center is the masked stalks.  They won't be that light later, but it's a real pain to have to paint around each, and this makes it a whole lot easier to do.

It's actually starting to look like a flower, doncha think?



We had a party this weekend for my husband's 65th birthday.  Here's us just taking a break before everything got going. 

We had a great time, and a HUGE mess to clean up the next day.  But it was worth it.  Tom really enjoyed seeing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment