Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tile Project Update


For those of you who wish we would be done already so the studio can get back to normal: yes, we are making progress. Members of the arts council and downtown redevelopment project visited on Wednesday to see what we have done. They gave very positive remarks about what has been accomplished so far.

We are about 2/3 done as far as tile making goes, I think. Now comes the monumental task of glazing everything. We have done some test glazes for color. Some came out great. Some, not so great.

I found that my horned toads for my bench vignette use a blue green, not a sage green. So when I put my celadon green test background tiles next to the horned toad tiles: bleahhhhh! Now I'm thinking oribe, instead.

Back to work....

1 comment: