Monday, August 22, 2011
Sorry for the long break - I really wasn't doing anything to show - but I've started a new project.
Last year one of the students in our Ceramics class hosted a cordial party. A lot of us were making cordials from the fruit in our gardens. Each person made enough shot glasses to share and brought them to the party along with their cordials. (And designated drivers!)
And since I'm always on the hunt for something new to try, I ran with it. I handbuilt these 4, using a roller stamp for the pattern. Then I brushed on a layer of underglaze. I've since brushed on two more layers of color on each, alternating light and dark. Today I'm going to sand them to expose the different layers of color. When they're bisqued I'll sand a little more, apply clear glaze and fire again. I tried this technique a few years ago, but never went further than one attempt, so I'm excited to see the results.