Remember back a month or so, when I was making my own tiles for a table top for myself? I wasn't happy with how the glaze firing turned out. The only colors I liked were the red and the bright orange.
So I decided to try again, modify the design, and use three layers of color, instead of two. I also didn't like the white at the corners.
OK, so here we are again. This is the whole design, modified, before firing. I've simplified the design a bit, gotten rid of any of the white and introduced a new color, the bright blue. It will actually fire a much, much darker blue, giving the design more of a Moroccan feel.
And due to a little mistake, some of my tiles were bisque fired before I put on the underglaze. I usually put the underglaze on greenware. But I was assured by the local ceramic god that it would make no difference and they would come out the same color. Hmmm. I'll keep my fingers crossed just the same. I'll take a picture when they're done. We're on hiatus until mid-January, so it will be awhile, but I'll be sure to let you know.